Monday, October 18, 2010

Eggs, scrambled, tomato/avocado/cilantro

I realize this is not dinner, but I'm also somewhat posting my meals for people wanting to follow a Paleo diet (and also to remind me of delicious things I've made!).

I eat eggs almost every single morning for breakfast.  I just love them, they're quick, easy and cheap.  And I'm always trying to figure out different ways to cook them.

This is something I did last week and then again today and it was just so fresh and so good, like an "open-faced breakfast burrito" that I had to share.

I usually have all these ingredients in my fridge because I am a Mexican food/flavor junkie.

What I did:

EVOO
3 eggs
1 roma tomato, diced
1/2 avocado, diced
1 green onion, sliced (green and white part)
handful cilantro, chopped
jalapeno, sliced (or shakes from a Paleo hot sauce, I like El Yucateco -- the green, the red and the extra spicy, but it's hot so be careful and yes, picky Paleos, I realize there's "weird" ingredients in there, but I barely use a teaspoon so I'm not worried about it)
salt/pepper/No Salt Seasoning to taste

Dice up tomato/avocado/green onion/cilantro/jalapeno and throw into a bowl to combine.  Or, if you are like me and hate washing extra dishes, just leave it on the cutting board and combine it on the plate you're gonna use to eat your eggs.

Heat EVOO in a skillet set to medium-low and break each egg into the skillet.  Why waste a bowl whisking when it's unnecessary?  I mean, really.

Break up the eggs, add salt/pepper/NSS to taste and cook slowly, stirring constantly, until cooked to your liking.

Put on a plate, stir the "salsa" with the fork you intend to use to eat your eggs (one less thing to wash) and pour on top of your eggs.

Add hot sauce if you like, and devour. 

So delicious I have to watch where I put the hot sauce because -- again -- my 2 year old has wanted to have bites of this every time I've made it.

No comments:

Post a Comment